Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thanks!

Dear Shad,

Thanks for having your mom send me the picture of you and Dara the dog.


She is very cute.  I think maybe I have seen her before.

I am glad that you get to do fun things while you are at the hospital.  What are you and giraffe going to do fun today?  Send me a picture of something fun you do, ok?

Yesterday I went to the cannery and helped make raspberry jam.  I got to wear a funny hairnet and blue gloves.  I looked kind of silly.


One of the other ladies and I had fun making up songs about what we were doing and counting to six over and over again as we put the jam into boxes.  I am as good at counting to six now as you are.

Then Uncle Jayce came to my house and helped me plant some tomato plants.  First he had to mix all the new dirt in with the old dirt


and then he dug holes and we put the tomato plants into the holes.


Right now the plants are just little and don't look like much,


but hopefully in lots and lots of night-nights they will have yummy tomatoes on them.  Maybe you will even get to eat some of them!

We planted four different kinds of tomatoes - big red tomatoes, red cherry tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes and green zebra tomatoes.  I think green zebra tomatoes sound pretty funny, but a lady at the plant store was buying one and she said they are really cool and taste really good.  They are green and have stripes like a zebra.  I am excited to see them when they grow!

We also planted some peppers and a "flying saucer" squash plant.  The squash are supposed to look like little tiny space ships.

I hope you have a good day at the hospital and are all finished throwing up.

Love,
Grandma


2 comments:

  1. jayce looks good as a workin' man. i'm pretty excited to see your zebra tomatoes. i think they sound like a good time. <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I liked the picture of you at the cannery and I am excited to see your zebra squash when it is done growing. You are such a fun lady making up songs to sing while you work.

    ReplyDelete