Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Cool, Sunny Afternoon

Dear Shad,

Today it was cool and sunny at my house. It was such a pretty day that I didn't want to stay inside and clean my kitchen. I found out that a place you and I used to go together had free admission this afternoon and so I decided to get out and enjoy the weather.

When I got there I saw this rock.

Does it look familiar to you?

Here you are sitting on the same rock back in May.


Now do you know where I went?

I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see the butterflies.

In the fall they only have one kind of butterfly. It is the Monarch butterfly and it is orange and black.

I missed watching you watch the butterflies, but I got to take lots of pictures because I didn't have to keep my eye on you.

I love to watch the butterflies fly around. They are so beautiful.

Guess what! I didn't see a single lizard at the garden today. Perhaps they thought it was too cold.

Is it cold or warm at your house?

Love,
Grandma

1 comment:

  1. Love the post Diane. It was very informative and the butterflies are beautiful. I'm sure Shad enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete