Shad had to go to bed before we had time to write today, so instead you get a letter from me :) As you know we went to the grocery store this morning. Shad was a stinker, and kept throwing things from the cart. "I no want it" "I no like it" etc. I kept moving things farther back in the cart, then he almost fell out trying to reach them.
I began trying to put Shad down for a nap around 1:00, he was tired, could barely keep his eyes open during lunch time. He didn't want to take a nap. I took all the toys from his room (the black shelf, and any books he could reach), put them in my room and told him he would get them back after nap time. He was ANGRY, but it did not get him to stay in his bed. Jayce came home about 2:45, put him down twice, and he went to sleep. Thank goodness, not sure exactly what Jayce did, but at least it worked. We woke Shad up about 4:00 so he would still sleep tonight.
After nap time we went to the post office and then to the library. We decided to try the El Cajon library (not the one we saw the other day) first. The kids area was not too exciting, but they did have a bunch of puzzles and magnetic games like at Dobson. Shad had fun playing with Jayce while I looked for a book and got a library card. Next time we will check out the Rancho San Diego library (the one we saw) and do a comparison.
I am glad that you (and Trevor) encouraged me to go to enrichment tonight. I had a good time. Met some new people who invited themselves over for a party when we get settled in, and listened to some ladies story about how all her kids went off the deep end. Interesting. Still had a good time. Jayce even happily watched Shad and did the dishes even though it was my turn, which was a great surprise. So far I am really enjoying having him here.
Well, I guess that is about all. We love you. Have a great night.
Love,
Jessica
P.S. Shad loved your story about Worf, and we are glad that you found her. I am sure it was a sad night for you guys.
So what were you trying to buy at the grocery store that was yucky? I am glad you went to Relief Society. Did they have any good breakfast ideas? Maybe you could invite all your new RS friends to Shad's b-day party. I'm glad Jayce is being helpful. Way to go Jayce!
ReplyDelete